Are you interested in knowing the latest information regarding tropical warnings of storms? You’re in the right spot. The Severe Tropical Storm Rai is the name used internationally of the Cyclone. it is locally known as Odette that is slowly growing stronger.
People from The Philippines and in the United States are interested in the latest information about Tropical Cyclone and Public Storm Warning #1 Signal and the impact it has on the country. To find out all the information take a look at the complete episode below.
A Brief Introduction to Public Storm Warning Signal
These warning signals are broadcast to increase awareness and inform the public of possible weather disturbances. Signal numbers are allocated to areas based on the intensity, the size of the circulation and direction, storm speed and many other variables.
Public warnings for storms are changed or upgraded based on the storm’s path is moving throughout PAR (Philippines AOR (Philippines Area of Responsibility). Before we get into the issue in the Public Storm Warning #1 Signal , let us know about the different warning signals for the general public.
Public Storm Warning System
See the table below for a list of the different warning signs, its duration, and the way they affect the surrounding environment:
|Public warning of storms||Time in hours||Winds in KMPH||Wind Effect|
|#1||36||30-60||Light to no damage|
|#2||24||61-120||Medium to light effect|
|#3||18||121-170||Medium to high-impact|
|#4||12||171-220||Very high to extremely severe damage|
|#5||12||>220||Very high, with widespread effects|
Public Storm Warning #1 Signal
- 30 to 60 kmph winds are possible in 36 hours in an open ocean.
- 1.25 meters up to 4.0 meters of height can be predicted.
- Rain showers that are intermittent can be expected.
- For structures with high risk, minimal to minimal damage is expected.
- For structures with low risk, moderate to light damage.
- The houses built using light materials could suffer from a small damaged.
- Banana plants are tilted and the leaves are damaged.
- The twigs of small trees are broken or damaged.
- In the blooming stage, rice crops can be severely damaged.
- It is recommended that individuals must be attentive to the most recent weather updates every six hours from PAGASA.
- Like every other business, it can be conducted.
The Latest News On Public Storm Warning #1 Signal
According to sources, due to Odette, the signal number. 2 was increased following the shift of the weather disturbance from a severe storm to a an typhoon this morning at 8am. According to PAGASA (The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical, Atmospheric and Astronomical Service Administration) stated in its most recent announcement that Rai maximum sustained winds were increased to 120 kmph, up from 110 kmph. Typhoons are expected to get stronger on the evening of December 16.
Signal #1 Warned Areas
- Southern areas of Romblon
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Parts of Zamboanga
- Misamis Oriental
According to our studies, generally when PAGASA issues an alert, it indicates that tropical cyclones remain in constant motion. Based on changes in the intensity of cyclones, their the size as well as direction Public Storm Warning Signal number will shift.
So, was our post regarding Public Storm Warning #1 Signalhelpful to you? Please share your thoughts to us in the comments box below. The eastern parts of Surigao del Norte and Surigao del Sur is the region where signals 2 are being raised. Moreover