Solar power is a renewable energy source that converts sunlight into electricity using photovoltaic technology. It is the best invention of mankind as it is not only eco-friendly but also energy efficient. Fountains are an integral part of outdoor decor these days. Solar fountains can be an excellent alternative to the battery-operated ones as they are much more efficient and cheaper.
The mood of the person walking around a fountain is enlightened. Who wouldn’t enjoy the cool water splash on a bright sunny day?
It attracts the person to that place. Such fountains are also found in vegan and pet-friendly cafes to attract customers. It is a marketing strategy for environmentally conserved people.
Advantages of solar energy:
- It is a renewable source of energy as it is inexhaustible. It can be the best-suited power source to run the fountain as ample sunlight is directly available outdoors. This does not mean that indoor fountains cannot be solar. They are charged regularly by exposing them to the sunlight and are used till the charge is exhausted. This process is repeated.
- Using solar power means a massive saving to the bank account as it is a one-time investment. One does not have to change the wires or batteries of the fountain from time to time as they are directly charged by the sun. A regular fountain that is battery or electricity operated requires changing or updating batteries from time to time as the power can be exhausted.
- Adapting to solar energy makes you an eco-friendly person. Doing your part to conserve and save the environment in small things like this makes a huge difference. It does not involve depleting natural resources.
- Solar energy is quite reliable as the batteries can be charged and stored for a long time.
- Changing the location of these fountains is also easy as it is not connected to a switch. So the concept of place constraint is eliminated.
There are different types of fountains one can buy
If one is looking for a luxurious outdoor look, a huge water fountain with multiple layers of rock carved with figures and embedded with stones and flowers is a good option. A minimalistic look would imply a large fountain with just a few layers of rock perfect for the water to slip through.
One can either buy such fountains online or offline. While many online websites provide various options with pictures and descriptions, going offline and buying is always a better option since the product’s size, quality, and working of the fountain can be assessed. The shopkeeper assists the customer with the working of the fountain, precautions, and the procedure to change the batteries and charge them.
Is investing in solar fountains worth it
Although the initial investment costs are pretty high, the additional charges, such as the maintenance costs, are low. Installing a fountain at the back of your garden or the entrance of your house adds an elegant look to the whole home. The appearance of the entire environment changes. Moreover, when people know that it is solar operated, they are intrigued by the thought of it. It is a great way to impress people indeed! Many environmentalists recommend using solar-operated devices and figures as a huge thank you for a person’s bank balance. This allows you to enjoy the serene beauty of nature without the need for electricity. What a great way to take a person back to the 1900s! The solar fountain has not only environmental benefits but also personal and monetary.
So the answer is yes, investing in a solar fountain is really worth it.